Datos personales

Mi foto
Los Angeles, California, United States

sábado, 28 de enero de 2012

A TALE 4 MY CHILDREN: The Honey Bee

I travel way over a hundred miles almost every day.
I’m treated like an annoying pest that people quickly shoo away.
I like flying in the daytime when the sun shines bright.
Darkness is dangerous so we don’t ever go out at night.
I fly to my job, work hard all day, deliver my goods then I scurry.
I do it without any complaints and I fly back to work in a hurry.
I search for pretty things on my way such as weeds and pretty flowers.
Some days the rains fall so hard we take a break away from the showers.
My cousin is very famous and is well known just by his name Billy.
His picture is on bottles and I think he looks quite silly.
On grocery store shelves he’s on almost every golden container.
He’s such a celebrity and the thing of it is that it’s really a no brainer.
When the sun comes back out to shine I wake up and make a bee line.
I go back to the very spot I left just to save me a little more time.
I don’t need any maps because I remember everything I see.
We all have a compound eye; we were blessed we got extra eyes for free.
I can fly forwards, backwards, to the left and to the right.
Upwards, downwards and I can hover right in plain sight.
We carry sacks on our legs to harvest a special dust.
It flows like liquid gold and it costs almost just as much.
There is a secret special ingredient and it is a must to make this pure gold.
There’s never a bad day at the shops because everything gets sold.
With our leg pouches full when we’re flying away we sure do look funny.
The little dust from the flowers they call pollen is what makes the honey.
I thought by now you would have figured out what the heck I am.
Don’t go and make me angry because I’ll sting you any chance I can.
I’m one of the nicer creatures and needs to be left to fly free.
I’m your friend, don’t swat at me because I’m just a little honey bee.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario